Asian / Pacific Island Nursing Journal Special Issue on Transforming Health for Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders
Guest Editors: Mary Frances Oneha, PhD; Nafanua Braginsky, PhD, DNP; Mahealani Suapaia, PhD; Kamomilani Wong, PhD
Co-Editor: Jillian Inouye, Ph.D., FAAN
Deadline: December 31, 2018
This special issue will feature articles related to transforming health and policy for Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders. Researchers, educators, practitioners, policy makers, academics, graduate students, and administrators from all countries who are interested in disseminating new knowledge towards the improvement of health for Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders are welcome.
Please submit your manuscripts in the form of formal papers. For this special issue, we are particularly interested in the following:
Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander research, practice, policy, education as well as others on:
- Culturally specific care that improves health and achieves equity.
- Community and primary care practice innovations.
- Comparative or state of the science review on the health status of specific Islander groups not otherwise reported.
- Ideas on policy changes to improve the health and well-being of Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islanders.
- Other related topics
Original and empirical studies using qualitative, quantitative, or mixed-methods are welcome. Asian/Pacific Island Nursing Journal is the only journal focused specifically on health and health care of and for this group. This journal publishes peer-reviewed articles that include, but are not limited to:
- Methods, interventions, instrumentation, and educational techniques that are unique to this group.
- Theoretical foundations that increase understanding of the unique response to changes in health and illness.
- Bio psychosocial, spiritual, and ecological impacts on practice, education, and research.
- Policy issues as a result of rigorous research outcomes.
All submitted papers must be written in English and contain only original work, which has not been published by or is currently under review at another journal (electronic or print). Asian/Pacific Island Nursing Journal rules governing the formatting of the final submission can be found online.
Article Processing Charge
There is no charge for submitting a paper to Asian/Pacific Island Nursing Journal.
Upon acceptance of your manuscript, you will be charged a one-time Article Processing Charge of $300. For members of the Asian American Pacific Islander Nurses Association Inc. you will receive a discounted rate of $200.
Asian / Pacific Island Nursing Journal: Official Journal of the Asian American / Pacific Islander Nurses Association has been accepted for inclusion in Scopus and the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ). The journal content is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
About the Journal
Asian / Pacific Island Nursing Journal: Official Journal of the Asian American / Pacific Islander Nurses Association features research papers, empirical and theoretical articles, editorials, abstracts of recent dissertations, and conference summaries that relate to nursing care written by scientists and researchers in nursing and the social sciences.